Thursday, May 17, 2007

Lineup Changes?

Great win last night. Gaustad made Chris Evert, I mean Neil, his bitch. Goose showed him how to play physical hockey, drew a retaliatory penalty, and basically did what Neil is supposed to do for his team, but with class and skill that Neil could never match. He probably even nailed Chris’s imaginary girlfriend in between the 1st and 2nd period. A quick internet search didn’t come up with any real live girlfriend or wife so the imaginary woman is probably an accurate assumption. (Unless it’s an imaginary man, in which case Goose doesn’t swing that way so forget about the last 2 sentences.)

Game 5:

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Stafford in the lineup for an injured Zubrus and Paetch in for a benched Kalinin for game 5 on Saturday. "Shortening the bench" as the announcers like calling it worked great in game 4, but if they have to go to an overtime or 3 they would need some fresh legs out there.

Fine writing by Davos the philosopher on his write-up after game 3.

I set up my account on BfloBlog so that if someone clicks on my name when I post they will come to I Bet I do... CHRIS. If some people click on accident we might actually get one or two people we don't know at the site.

Any other predictions/thoughts about potential (or non-existent) lineup changes?

Any input from Yankee fans about what it’s like to be up 3-0 and then lose the series?
(sorry couldn’t resist)

9 comments:

Bobby B said...

You won't hear a comment from any Yankees fans till about Late August to Early September, thats when they magically appear, and start cheering for their 'team'

Davos said...

I don't know about Sabres lineup changes, but the following information could make for some interesting issues for the Sens:

"A serious mumps outbreak in Eastern Canada...The mumps virus is spread through saliva by sharing drinks, food, cigarettes, kissing or by coughing and sneezing."

I'm thinking with all the post game consoling (ie: cuddling, spooning, kissing) going on between the Senators they might not have enough players available for game 5.

Let's not worry about the Yankees until after hockey is done.

smcdonald2 said...

Those were my lineup-change thoughts exactly. Paetsch for Kalinin without a doubt. I wanted them to do that for game 4, but no such luck. If they're going to play Kalinin so little, why not just replace him?

If Zubrus is hurt, Stafford in would be great, but I think if that happens, it will be Paille that Lindy puts in.

LoydKristmis said...

You are probably right about Lindy choosing Paille instead of Stafford if Zubrus can't play. If it was 2-2 I think that would make sense but since the team is desperate, I would rather see the more offensively gifted Stafford in there.

As for Kalinin, Ruff clearly just left him in there so he could make that sweet speech:

"If I single someone out that isn't going to help the team. We are in this together."

In Lindy we trust.

Bobby B said...

Regardless of personnel changes, they still need to figure out a way to get shots to Emery. They were outshot 33-22 but Volchenkov and Phillips neutralized many potential shots. We've all seen what happens when the puck gets through to Emery, it repels off him like two magnets. More opportunities are to be had for sure if we can neutralize those maniacs on D.

LoydKristmis said...

Not so worried about getting outshot by 10. That happened pretty regularly all season in games we won easily.

You are right about those two guys though, I saw Volchenkov try to block a shot with his face last night. Someone tell Kotalik to aim for his head one of these times.

Bobby B said...

My point was that instead of another nail-biting 1 goal game, they could have removed all doubt and put it away.

Das Capitol Hill said...

Ummm, if I understand that craptastic "up 3-0" analogy correctly, the Yankees are the Senators, while the Sabres are the Red Sox? Are you sure you want to the Red Sox of hockey? If you guys do pull it off, are you going to be insufferable jackasses with annoying accents too? Will you denounce Drury when he leaves for greener pastures, a la Damon? The only point I'm trying to make here is that I hate the Red Sox...almost as much as I hate the French.

King Fangson said...

Trick question... we're already insufferable, we just don't have the dumbass Ben Afflecktion in our speach.